BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let it go

So I know I just posted, but I was laying in bed (a luxury that I'm going to have to give up soon) reading some more of Eat Pray Love and I think I just stumbled across a passage that explains my life.  Or at least it explains why I am having such trouble letting go of someone. I know it's long, but I tried omitting some things. And I highlighted the most important parts. I also changed names to pronouns to make it more general and applicable.

"He probably was [your soul mate]. Your problem is you don't understand what that word means. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul make is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave. And thank God for it. Your problem is, you just can't let this one go. It's over. [His] purpose was to shake you up,...show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light could get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you had to transform your life...So love him...So miss him. Send him some love and light every time you think about him, and then drop it. You're just afraid to let go of the last bits of [him] because then you'll really be alone, and [you are] scared to death of what will happen if [you're] really alone. But here's what you gotta understand...If you clear out all that space in your mind that you're using right now to obsess about this guy, you'll have a vacuum there, an open spot-a doorway. And guess that the universe will do with that doorway? It will rush in-God will rush in-and fill you with more love than you ever dreamed. So stop using [him] to block that door. Let it go."

0 comments: